Stem cell transplant should end dry mouth after radiation treatment
15 March 2021
In the coming months, the UMCG will be the first hospital in the Netherlands to treat cancer patients who suffer from dry mouth with tissue-specific stem cell transplantation. Continue reading »
BRAINatomy, an atlas of brain damage after radiotherapy
12 November 2020
UMCG is participating in an international study into the effect of radiotherapy on the development of the brains of young children. The study is funded by Stand Up to Cancer (SU2C) and Cancer Research UK (CRUK) with $1 million. The aim of the study is to develop a brain ‘atlas’ to locate regions of the brain that are most sensitive to damage by... Continue reading »
Active patientship at the GPTC
25 May 2019
December 2018 saw the half-year anniversary of the UMCG Proton Therapy Center. A perfect moment to ask our patients about how they experienced our medical care. What went well, and what could perhaps be improved? Active patientship helps us to improve our care even further. Continue reading »
- 25 April 2019 ESTRO Particle Course in Groningen
- 23 April 2019 Inaugural speech professor Stefan Both
- 23 April 2019 More places to stay for families
- 2 April 2019 First 'Flash' irradiation delivered in a clinical proton...
- 1 April 2019 Donal Hollywood award for stem cell sparing IMRT
- 19 March 2019 Emmanuel van der Schueren award for Hans Langendijk
- 28 February 2019 KVI-CART researchers aim for real-time proton therapy
- 20 February 2019 Referral of breast cancer patients to proton therapy is...
- 20 December 2018 Dutch Cancer Society subsidizes two proton therapy...
- 21 November 2018 ESTRO Particle Therapy Course in Groningen